Monday, July 18, 2011

Enjoying the summertime...

I had a great time last week, with the Marrying Cade Wave launch for my new book, and would like to thank everyone who took part and helped launch Marrying Cade into the blue.

Now that's done, I'm wondering where the summer weather has got to - Ireland is grey and rainy, cold and dull. My family are staying at home this year - so no prospect of the warm breezes of a Tuscan island for me - except in fiction. I'm planning a few trips around about, some visits to the cinema, and if the weather improves, a barbeque or two in the garden. If it gets really warm, we might even brave the beach...

My question this Monday is: What's everyone else doing who's not disappearing on holiday? Any good ideas? Kids holidays here for secondary school start at the beginning of June and finish at the end of August - its a very long time, I could do with some ideas!

4 comments:

Madeline Ash said...

That's a toughie! I'm lucky that here in Australia, our main school holiday break takes place over summer. I'm not so good at filling time during winter. But hmm, if you're stuck indoors, there's always a Harry Potter movie marathon! With 7 movies available on DVD, and Part2 of the last one in cinemas now, that could fill a few days!

Or you could all bake/cook? With treats at the end of it, that could be fun too.

I hope you find something to fill the time. That IS a long break - the end of August! Best wishes, and I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed Marrying Cade week. I did too :)

Anonymous said...

School break here started mid-May, and doesn't end until the end of August! I can definitely relate to the struggle to fill the days. Good luck! (I could use some too lol)

Romy Sommer said...

Ouch - that's a long time! I'm also in the southern hemisphere so our longest holiday is from early December to mid January, and it's usually blessed with great weather.

Sadly my kids get to spend most of their holiday at home with the nanny, while I work, and work, and work ...

Sally Clements said...

Thanks, guys! Now all I need is some sun! Great suggestions, we're off to Harry Potter tomorrow.