Monday, September 17, 2012

A really good romance....

All of us here at Minx Central and the awesome people who visit us here, I can safely say, have one thing in common. We all love books and especially, we LOVE a good romance story..

I love and read romance in all the sub genres but nothing makes me sigh happily in bliss more than one that purely and completely focuses on well-developed 3 dimensional characters...

And the last one that made do the above along with making me laugh was Julie Anne Long's What I Did For A Duke.


At first sight at the blurb, the book has common tropes like Older Hero vs, Younger Heroine, Revenge etc.

But what lifts the book from any other book and makes it a delight to read is I think, the character and the dialogue, the descriptive language...There was a subtlety to everything that I can't even put in proper words...

What I can say vouch for is the pure joy I got out from reading it well into the night...

What about you? What was the last book you read that put a smile on your face, that made you go WOW?

2 comments:

Romy Sommer said...

The most recent book(s) that kept me awake all night are Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse series. I'm now on the tenth in the series, and feel like crying because there are only two more to go!

Sally Clements said...

I think I should just note here on this blog post - that today Sri got the call! Congrats, Sri! Looking forward to your book keeping me awake all night. x