Monday, January 27, 2014

Start Over Please?

It is the 27th of January as all the lovely readers of the blog know and I'm putting my head down in shame as I have failed each and every one of my new year's resolutions...except maybe where I clean up a little during the day.






I am still binge reading, binge watching TV and binge eating and binge writing. I wrote 7k words one Tuesday and wrote about 200 the rest of the week. I'm not however binge exercising or exercising at all.

The eternal little optimist I am, I had written down this Master Plan for what I wanted life to be this year. I had sub topics, I had goals, and then Daily Tasks, it was so elaborate and specific that even my anal retentive, uber organized husband was super impressed. But here I'm, barely a month later and it is back to all the bad habits and harmful routines.

It wasn't a lack of intentions but more a lack of practice, I would like to think. So I'm starting over...
I intend to:


  1. Write a consistent amount of words every day.
  2. Exercise regularly.
  3. Tidy the house. ( Ok, please stop laughing. I'm so afraid my kids are going to grow up and realize, God, Mom was a pig.)
  4. And stop being so damn emotional about every small thing. Because this is what defeats my every goal. One small spanner in the works and I get thrown off for days and spiral down to habits I want to be rid of.
So what about you? Did you make resolutions? If you did, are you keeping up?

Post if you made any, won't you? And give a girl a boost. 

3 comments:

Romy Sommer said...

YAY! Not that I'm pleased you've broken all your resolutions, just that I'm so pleased I'm not alone!

In my household cleanliness isn't a problem (I have a lovely lady called Bella who makes us all look good!) but my resolution to be more present for my kids and more on top of what needs to happen in their lives has gone completely out the window in month one!

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Well, you've me feel suddenly better!

Sally Clements said...

Resolutions are meant to be broken, I reckon!