Thursday, February 27, 2014

Author Spotlight - Eve Devon

Into today's spotlight we welcome author Eve Devon. Eve hails from the UK and is published by both Entangled Publishing and Harper Impulse. She's here today to talk about her Harper Impulse novel, Her Best Laid Plans.


1. Tell our readers a little bit about yourself.
Hello Lovely Readers, I’m Eve and I love writing about sexy heroes, sassy heroines and happy ever afters!

2. What number book is this? First? 100th? 200th?(Nora only!)
LOL – on the ‘Nora-stat’. If only. I’m incredibly privileged to write romantic suspense for Entangled Publishing and contemporary romance for HarperImpulse. My debut romantic suspense The Waiting Game came out last year and this, Her Best Laid Plans, my second published book, is my debut contemporary romance with HarperImpulse and it releases today *happy dances*

3. What inspired this book?
I’ve always been fascinated by two particular approaches to life: the planned approach and the wing-it approach! Of course the best approach is probably a combination of the two, but then I started wondering…If you’re an extreme version of either planning or winging-it through life, what—or, who, is going to show you why changing things up might not be such a scary thing? It would take someone pretty special…

4. Who or what was the inspiration for your hero?
My hero Jared King is an ex bad-boy-turned-businessman. Ten years ago he deviated from the plans set out for him at birth and as a result life is now measured; planned. Two words: Tom Welling! I love that he looks so rock-solid…but with a delicious hint of rebelliousness.


5. Have you any burning ambitions to write a story in a different genre?
I’m so lucky that I get to write romantic suspense as well. Being from the UK I like to think I have a touch of the Agatha Christie about me (!) and growing up I was always re-writing my own TV police procedurals to ensure the protagonists got together EVERY time. But sitting in a drawer is a Superheroes manuscript I would love to take out and dust-off and re-write. I love all things superhero (as you can probably tell from my photo of Tom Welling as Clark Kent!)

6. Do you have a writing routine? Do you write every day, and is there a time of day that works best for you in terms of being productive?
I try to write a minimum 1000 words a day. Sometimes those 1000 words can be done in a couple of hours and then I do promo/admin work—sometimes those 1000 words take all day, and some of the evening! Now I’m writing to contract, I try to leave weekends free so that I get a little downtime and don’t burnout. For some reason I’m always most productive right before I have to start dinner!

7. Do you have any tips, tricks or sacrificial rituals you do when you hit a story roadblock?
I think I’ve learnt that sometimes you really have to push on through when you reach a road-block because sometimes you really haven’t reached a roadblock, what you’ve actually done is back-off of writing something difficult. If I keep writing but then end up getting myself into even more of a tangle, I tend to start walking around the house muttering darkly until Hubby finally tells me to “cut myself some slack and go do some craft”! He knows me so well! Craft—not tea, is the panacea of life. That break I give my brain usually lets me unravel where I’ve gone wrong in my plot and allows me to get back into it.

8. Where do you write?
I write in my garret – the technical term I use for the tiny room at the top of our stairs. I write with my back to the window to avoid distraction and when I can’t write because I need a distraction I plod downstairs to write at the dining-room table. There I have a wonderful view of all the jobs I haven’t got around to doing in the garden!

9. Do you connect with your readers at all, and if so which is your favourite platform for reaching them?
I love chatting with readers and I’m on Twitter, Facebook or my website most days, so please feel free to drop by for a chat 


Book Blurb: Her Best Laid Plan

Love is what happens to you when you’re busy making other plans…

The Totally Perfect Life Plan of Amanda Gray:
Step 1 – Take control of own destiny and avoid getting too caught up in the details.
Step 2 – Definitely do NOT kiss gorgeous bad-boy businessman who doesn’t know how to live life without scheduling it six months in advance, even if he is absolutely irresistible.
Step 3 – Don’t even THINK of accompanying him to London as his PA to enjoy steamy encounters in a metropolitan paradise.
Step 4 – Absolutely, positively, whatever you do – do NOT fall in love with him…

Her Best Laid Plans is available from Amazon, Amazon UK, Barnes & Noble, Google Play, iBookstore and Kobo.



1 comment:

Caroline said...

Happy publication day, Eve! Love your cover, and wishing you oodles of success with this book. Caroline x